Owner Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I use a professional to manage my home?
- Can I choose to disallow pets, smokers, large families, etc.?
- Do you provide me with a report of activity on my property?
While the reasons our clients choose professional management vary, here are some of the key reasons many people elect professional management over self-management:
- We handle maintenance and emergency repairs, allowing you to sleep at night.
- We enforce collection of rents and serve the proper notices upon failure to pay.
- We understand and apply the correct federal, state, and local laws, keeping you and your investment out of trouble.
- We know the local market, have an extensive network of contacts, and have advertising resources available to us at discounted rates. This allows us to effectively market your vacant home to prospective residents to get it filled.
- After you add up the discounts you'll receive on advertising, the company rate we get on repairs, and the increased rent we can often command, you'll often make more money than if you managed the property yourself!
We comply fully with the Fair Housing Act. This means that you can not choose to disallow anyone that is a member of a protected class under the act. You can choose to disallow pets and not permit smoking in your home, but you cannot deny a service animal. If you have additional questions on the specifics of the Fair Housing Act, please see our fair housing page.
Yes, we will provide you with a monthly report of rent and other income received as well as maintenance, repairs, and other expenses incurred. We have several options in which you may choose to receive your monthly statement that also includes the year-to-date figures. If you have questions regarding your statement, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Visit our Services page for information on the services we provide to rental home owners.